18 December 2008

Mitzy's Guards: Exploring Kansas City

Well, I am quickly becoming acclimated to my new surroundings here in Kansas City. I absolutely adore the BBQ, the whole buying in bulk thing and the McDonald’s drive thru (what a marvelous idea).


When I moved stateside, I brought two special helpers with me, members of the Queen’s Guard. In Britain, the Queen’s Guards are famous for standing at attention and not batting so much as an eye, regardless of tourist’s antics. My own Queen’s Guards have come in quite handy around the shoppe, perhaps I should call them Mitzy’s Guards? I must admit the Guards are a bit quiet, but it is so nice to have help with all the heavy lifting at the shoppe, especially during the past few weeks when new treasures for the holidays have been arriving daily. During December, you can catch the Guards in action as they greet guests at the front doors.


I plan to send my two Queen’s Guards out across the city this Sunday, 21 December to seek out more interesting restaurants and sights for me to explore in 2009. Be on the lookout for these Brits, you can’t miss them in their smart uniforms. When you spot the Guards, be sure to take a photo with them. (They won’t mind, at Buckingham Palace, people are always snapping their photos.) You can bring your photo into the shoppe and receive $25 off your purchase. All of you little techie divas with the smart phones and cameras should be able to snap up some good photos with the guards and beautiful landscape of Kansas City. I am looking forward to adding these great photos of you and the Queen’s Guards to my shoppe scrapbook.

Snap to it and be on the lookout for my Guards -- I will make sure they have goodies from the shoppe with them as well!

Cheers!
Mitzy

www.mitzylondons.com

No comments: